Thursday 7 March 2019

Lessons of Life

The airport, a place with many memories, I sat at the cafe sipping on a cup of coffee while looking around, it was that same cafe many years ago, and it was that same seat, sometimes I ponder why I remember things with so much details although it has been part of a distant memory

It was that same airport, I saw this guy many years back, it was the same airport I took that flight with courage, going to Miri and coming back on the same day, just to surprise that guy that I used to love, I went all the way there to surprise him on his birthday, although deep inside I knew it was not going to change how things were, I used to love him, yes, but he never did, so it's a memory of an unrequited love, a memory that can never be erased, but I embraced it as a lesson given by life, and I have no shame in admitting to what I did, besides, there's nothing wrong with loving someone.

I remember the places he took me, the Chinese temple, that hill, the beach, we shared a bowl of leicha that afternoon, and I even remember how he accidentally scratched his car bumper after reversing onto a stone near the beach on that day. 

I remember everything in detail, but, I can't remember his face, I can't recall how he looked, it's as if his face was erased completely from my heart, but I know what caused it, the face of an unrequited love was erased completely by the love shown by a guy who loves me completely now.

See, love is a complex matter, sometimes you fall in love with a person, but you can't expect them to love you the same way, love just comes naturally, it can't be forced, a person may love you,  but not the same way as you love them, love can grow stronger as days pass, but sometimes it can even wither away, and if you ever get into an unrequited love, let it go, because end of the day, when you decide to let go of the person who doesn't love you, the right one would appear in your life eventually. When a person doesn't love you, it's not the end of the world, it's not the end of the life, it's simply life's way of telling you that you deserve someone who would love you just as much as you would.

As I sat at the airport thinking about the past, thinking about all the things I had been through, I saw a familiar face walking out of the arrival hall, my face changed quickly, there was nothing but smile, there was nothing but happiness, the intense joy that filled my heart, I got up and walked towards him, and the moment he saw me, there's that smile on his face that I fell in love with, that I fall in love every single day in the morning when he wakes up next to me, the smile that makes me understand what home truly is.

There he was, walking towards me, in the same airport,

the guy who made me understand,
what love truly is,
what relationship is all about,
what patience is,

the guy who made me realise the importance of,
not giving up on each other,
self love that makes your other half love you even more,
finding happiness in little things that money can never buy,

the guy who,
loves me the way I am,
loves me unconditionally,
hugs me the moment he wakes up in the morning,
hold my hand whenever I'm driving,
cheer me up with his funny face whenever I look down,
gives surprise hugs from behind,
always does cute things that never fail to put a smile on my face,
never complained when I ravage his lovely butt, sometimes I bite hard *notti grin*
makes me mad sometimes, but shows his puppy face that melts my heart away  ;p
did many more beautiful things for me, the list can go on and on  :)

there he was, 
my heart,
Bee, 
walking towards me, 
making me realise what home truly is,
home is where the heart is <3

No comments:

Post a Comment