Thursday 21 March 2019

Fate

Dad was walking ahead of me on the path along the forest behind our home on the hill, everything seemed to me like an ordinary evening walk we do often together.

Sometimes it feels so real, I can't differentiate them.

The sky was rather dark, it looked as if it was about to rain.

"Pa, I think we should head back home"

Dad turned to me and smiled.

A huge black cloud with a human like figure came out of nowhere from the forest and grabbed him.

Shocked, I quickly ran towards my dad and managed to grab his right hand tightly.

I wasn't scared, and I knew I'm strong enough to save him.

The black cloud pulled my dad into the forest, but I held him strongly.

Amidst the chaos, my dad was just smiling.

I wasn't prepared for this, but I wasn't giving up either.

Anger arose in me, I clenched my right hand tightly, and along with the diamond ring, I gave a strong punch on the black cloud.

The diamond shattered, and I knew there was nothing that can be done.

The fiery naked red skinned lady looked from far, she wasn't laughing like she used to, there was sadness in her face, she stood there and watched.

I screamed at her, I begged her to come and help me like how she used to before, but she stood there looking, doing nothing.

I was growing weaker, I looked at my dad's face for the one last time before darkness took him into the forest.

Somehow I knew what was going to happen, I couldn't fight against his fate, the sadness in her face told me everything, there will be no help from above, I'm all alone.

I was driving towards my office when I received the call from my dad, took emergency leave, and drove straight back home before taking him to the hospital.

That's when everything changed, that's when fate began it's course, taking me into a journey filled with unforgettable memories. 

I knew who I was, I cheated death many times, I experienced miracles in many forms, I have seen unexplainable things in life, yet, no matter how much prayers or vigils I observe for my loved ones, I knew I wasn't capable of changing their fate. 

You can never stop fate from doing its work.

No comments:

Post a Comment